The beef burger quesadilla is a typical modern dish from Mexico. The first hamburger was made by chef Otto Kuasw in 1891, who had a food stand in the port of Hamburg (Germany). This gave rise to the name of this food, which quickly became popular among fishermen due to its quick preparation and low cost. From there it spread to America, where the idea of using round bread evolved and became a symbol of American culture.
This is essentially a different way of making a traditional American hamburger.. In fact, this concept of “fast food” has sparked the creativity of those who prepare it. For this reason, it is customary in Mexico to replace the traditional round soft crumbed bread with typical corn quesadillas. Another notable ingredient of this version is the inclusion of Pico de Gallo sauce, very simple to prepare.
This beef burger quesadilla has fewer soluble carbohydrates. This is because tortillas are made with corn, which is higher in fiber. So, its consumption stimulates the proper functioning of the digestive tract. Find out how to make this quirky burger… Read on!
For the burgers:
For the pico de gallo sauce:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers without seeds
- 2 green peppers
- finely chopped coriander
- Lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
To assemble the burgers:
- 12 corn flour tortillas
- chopped lettuce
- 12 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 250 grams of pancetta in strips
How to prepare a beef burger quesadilla:
- Chop the tomatoes finely, the onion together with the pepper and coriander. Place in a bowl to make Pico de Gallo sauce.
- Add the lemon juice to the chopped vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the vegetables with the oil and refrigerate.
- Put the meat in a container together with the eggs, milk, tomato sauce, mustard, onion powder, a pinch of salt and ground pepper, garlic and bread.
- knead the meat, divide into six parts and shape into balls and flatten.
- Fry the hamburgers in a pan with hot oil on medium high heat on both sides.
- heat the tortillas, spread and smear with mayonnaise.
- Place lettuce, fried bacon and hamburger in a tortilla.
- Add a slice of cheese, a slice of Pico de Gallo sauce, and then another tortilla on top of the meat.
- Repeat this step with the remaining tortillas.
This recipe gives you a perfect and easy to prepare dish to serve for a casual meal. It can be served with french fries.